Monday, July 6, 2009

A Celebration of Love



Ben and I shared our 14th wedding anniversary over the weekend. We like to think that all of the fireworks are in honor our commitment to each other. Yeah, I'm sure that is what they are. Of course, we have a deep appreciation for all who have dedicated themselves so fully to keeping us safe and free. So, we'll share. Our anniversary is actually the 2nd, so the holiday is extended for us.

It's hard to believe that it has been 14 years. I was only fifteen when we started dating in high school. I've spent more than half of my life with him, growing up together. We balance and compliment each other in many different ways. I offer a prayer of thanks every day for being blessed with a faithful, honorable and loving husband. I have had the privilege of witnessing him develop into such an admirable husband and father. We continue to grow closer to God, which draws us closer to each other, every day.

Time stood still, and I soaked up as much as I could for as long as I could , as we all 4 sat silent, anticipating the next firework to light up the sky. The Lord is working miracles in our lives, strengthening our love, understanding, and commitments to each other. It felt like a special celebration of "my little family".

We had a beautiful evening together. Traveling only 20 minutes from home, we took in a Brevard County Manatees Baseball game. The home team lost 4-1, but we won on fun! The evening was filled with red, white and blue, and Olivia was sure to not leave any area from head to toes, untouched with patriotic theme. She and Ethan both had their baseball gloves in hopes of catching a foul ball. Better luck next time guys. Hot dogs and sodas were not left out. The evening ended at the stadium with a lovely array of colorful fireworks.

I love my family so much and can't wait to celebrate #15!

2 comments:

Grandpa Mike said...

Beautiful pictures and commnt, Kelly. Happy 14th Anniversary to you both!

Love,

Grandpa

Molly Sabourin said...

What sweet photos! It is fun too see your kids looking all grown-up! Thanks for posting them. I loved reading about your relationship with Ben. It made me so happy. You all really need to come to Chesterton for a LONG overdue visit. Keep writing! : )